We’re HiringJanuary 8, 2024 2024-01-09 15:34
Bicycle Sales & Service Advisor
Do you love riding your bike?
Can you change a flat tire?
Are you eager to learn more about the cycling industry?
Do you want to add fuel to the fire of the ongoing cycling culture growth in Macon, GA?
If you answered yes to these questions, Bike Tech might have an exciting and rewarding position for you!
About the Role
We’re looking for a teammate with stellar customer service chops and a willingness to learn. As a Bicycle Sales & Service Advisor, no day is the same as the last.
You’ll consistently be working with service customers to evaluate their current bicycle related issues while assisting in troubleshooting, identifying needed repairs and recommending appropriate service packages. For many other customers, you’ll assist with new or used bike recommendations, install the awesome accessories they select for their bikes and help them find great places to ride. Most importantly, you’ll build relationships with people who trust us to keep their bikes running flawlessly.
This role closely supports the Service Manager and Shop Owner. When others on the Bike Tech team are not available, you are the face of the shop to our beloved customers. Due to this high level of interaction, we value fantastic hospitality skills above prior shop experience.
Additional job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Interact with customers and provide exemplary customer service; educate customers about bicycles, bicycle accessories, and any other cycling-related products offered by Bike Tech
- Promote and lead weekly shop rides in a safe and appropriate manner
- Complete any required training programs which involves in-store training as well as at-home internet-based training (at time of hire + ongoing)
- Learn and perform bike sizing and initial position set-up for all makes and models Bike Tech carries
- Assist in the daily operations of the store, including restocking, cleaning, organizing and merchandising
- Be willing to learn from your coworkers and share knowledge regarding new products and events with customers
- Implement new programs, classes and offerings as delegated
- Routine administrative duties, inventory, digital communication with customers and other duties as assigned
- This role requires elevated skills in communication, leadership and problem solving
- This is a full time position; you will work up to 40 hours or more per week depending on the season, while in the off-season, your role may require a less than 40-hour work week. You will need to have the ability to work some evenings and most Saturdays.
The Ideal Candidate Is
- Passionate about cycling as well as promoting the benefits of a cycling lifestyle and culture. You do not necessarily need to have prior sales or bicycle retail experience, but you must be stoked to learn about bicycles, cycling accessories, and cycling culture.
- Comfortable working as part of a team where performance is consistently measured
- Able to embrace the concept of serving the cycling public, our customer, your customer, and providing an exceptional retail experience
- Capable of and willing to lift and carry 40 lbs on a regular basis, including from ladders and overhead areas when necessary. Due to the growing popularity in eBikes, you will need to be able to carry 100+ lbs from time-to-time.
- Motivated, and able to work both independently and as a member of a team, and is familiar with (and can quickly become familiar with) the local area cycling and culture.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and by reading and writing
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational abilities (procrastinators need not apply)
Upon hire, you should be proficient with the following tools:
- Windows PC
- Google Drive + Suite of Tools
Proficiency is expected with the following tools within three months of your hire date:
- Lightspeed POS
- Specialized Turbo Studio
- Various B2B Platforms
- Strava, Ride with GPS
We’re not your average bike shop and do not attempt to be all things to all people. Bike Tech is not a commission-based employer. This allows us to provide, first, a superior value for the guest, and second, a no pressure atmosphere for giving the customer the best in excellent customer service.
If you share our passion for cycling and community, we think this is the right place for you.
Want to get to know us better? Feel free to stop in the shop and talk with our team and check out our website and social media channels.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include links to your LinkedIn profile and any other Social Media accounts you feel comfortable sharing with us (we will Google stalk you before following up)
- Pitch us on you and this position in four sentences or less. Please make it direct and to the point